Deck lights play an important role in enhancing the outdoor décor of the place. You can use various kinds of decking lights to make the place lively and it also minimizes the chances of trip and fall which can cause injury. A properly lit deck is also one of the places to have some fun at night and enjoy some recreational activities.
Various kinds of lights are available in the market for decorating the deck. But, the right selection of the light can be a bit challenging for you. So, you can check out the website of sellers to get the best options and choose the right one for your deck.
6 types of lights best for the decking area
- Solar power lights – if you want to go with eco friendly and cost effective lighting system then solar power lights are the best option. You will not have to pay the electricity bills because solar lights operate using the energy of the sun. Batteries of solar lights need to be changed in every two years or longer. You can also save you money because it requires less maintenance.
- Stairs deck light – you can also install the light on the stairs of your deck. One can mount the lights on the vertical riser of the stairs and enhance the beauty of the deck stairs. Furthermore, you can also buy various shapes and styles of light. Basically, it comes in a small size so that you can easily mount it on the stairs of your deck.
- Accent deck light – if you want to highlight any area on your deck then you should use accent light. It will give an elegant touch to your outdoor area. This kind of lighting comes in various colors so you can choose your desirable colored accent deck light.
- Low voltage deck light – You should use low voltage deck light for reducing your electricity cost. It is the best option for those decks which are heavily surrounded with plants. You can install these lights on the deck walkways and ground of the deck. Low voltage deck lights can be easily mounted on the walls, ceilings, siding and railing of the deck.
- Regular deck light – Regular deck lights provide a traditional look to the area. You can easily install these lights on the wall of the deck for creating a warm and cozy look. The cost of this lighting depends on which kind of fixtures you are choosing? These are bright lights that light up the whole area and also add to the security of the backyard by making the things visible.
- LED lights – These kinds of lights are small in size and come in various colors. However, the most preferred color is white and blue. You can install your desired colored LED light on your deck to enhance its beauty. It is usually brighter than the traditional lights you it can also use it for securing the outdoor place of your house. It does not require frequent maintenance so you can use it for a long time.